The GateHouse SB-SAT protocol stack is an adaption of the market-proven BGAN Protocol Stack which has been deployed in more than 120,000 end-user terminals for land, maritime and aeronautical uses.
SB-SAT Protocol Stack is complemented with a test suite for efficient development and qualification.
SB-SAT is based on the aeronautical terminal classes and provides additional features for use in low-earth orbit:
- IP connectivity up to 492 Kbit/s
- Antenna pointing
- Beam handover and satellite switching
- Predictive handover at spot-beam boundaries
- Accurate return link burst timing based on orbit extrapolation
- Predictive Doppler compensation