GANE is a functional implementation of the GAN Connection Layer for the Satellite Access Node (SAN) and emulates sufficient parts of the GAN Service Layer and Host Management Elements to allow GAN terminals to connect to the GAN network and activate Packet Switched (PS) services.
GANE emulates the real GAN network on the bench enabling essential and advanced testing of your GAN terminal:
- Emulation of connectivity, giving the user the feeling of live usage of the terminal.
- Testing usage of normal internet, where applications such as e-mail, FTP and web browsing can be tested over the emulated satellite link.
- Testing different effective Quality of Service (QoS) for PS services.
- Testing of user plane operation and user experience e.g. hand over between spot beams due to mobility and simulation of different Link Quality Conditions.
- Stress testing the terminal with extensive amount of data for a long period, including measurement of the maximum data rate.
- Simulation of a flight path, with possibility to test hand over scenarios, inclusive satellite handover where satellite access can be missing in a period.
- Simulate satellite load with direct feeling on the impact on your applications, with easy to use 0-100% load scale.