Key take-aways from the SmallSat Symposium/ Satcom / Events
Key take-aways from a successful SmallSat Symposium 2021
The virtual event, the SmallSat Symposium 2021, was hosted on February 8-11, and it was a great success providing exciting content for the SmallSat business community from around the world.
Official event stats:
- 824 satellite industry professionals attending
- 32 press representatives
- 279 Public Conversations
- 2,862 Private Message
- 320 Private One-On-One Meetings
- 108,000 Page Views
GateHouse SatCom was a sponsor of the event, and GateHouse SatCom’s Business Development Manager, Per Koch, had a well-visited session on 5G connectivity from LEO.
- The outlook for the satellite communication industry looks bright. The investment is continued at a high level during 2020 despite of Covid-19. It is expected that the satellite communication industry will experience a rapid growth over the next 10 years, and satellite connectivity becomes affordable for “everyone” “anywhere”
- WWith the introduction of 5G NTN, it is expected that this technology will drive the change in the industry. However, it very much depends on the success of 5G via satellite in the market.
- Regulations and spectrum seem to be areas where international focus and collaboration are required to ensure a solid solution for some of the challenges
Tech Brief – 5G Connectivity from LEO
Per Koch’s session at the symposium treats the satellite 5G market development, trends, and standardization.
Standardization in the satellite IoT market will be a key factor in achieving a sustainable business in the massive satellite communication market. The standardization will drive scalability and globalization of satellite communication in the future, which will allow operators to move their focus from technical challenges towards a focus on their core business and providing the services to their customers.
The availability of standardized solutions will both on short term and long term save cost, reduce the struggles, and support the scalability of the business.
Interested in learning more?